This is a strange story for me to write. It will at times be a sad story, in many ways it will be happy and perhaps even funny. It will be an adventure that entails anxiety, flirting with danger, fortitude in the face of adversity and many attempts to look on the bright side. There will also no doubt be moments of anguish and despair, and a lot of uncertainty. It's a story that will hopefully be cathartic for me, but also interesting and perhaps informative or even entertaining for others.

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Only one more session to go

I cannot ever recall my body being so tired. I don't really feel so tired in the sense of needing to sleep more, but my body is just exhausted. I want to sit down all the time and my arms and legs just feel like dead weights. I've also begun to get really achy muscles during the past week.

My last chemo session was awful. The needle got bent in my arm so after much digging and rearranging it was moved to the other arm, where the same thing happened! It would work for about a minute, then the machine would start beeping saying that it had stopped. We did some rearranging and so for the last 40 minutes Leah and I were holding it on an angle where it would keep going. This worked, but unfortunately Leah had to push down on it really hard, so it was quite painful. Furthermore, I still have sore bruised arms a week and a half later.

I have a CT scan next week and I'm feeling a bit anxious about it. It's really hard not to get my hopes up about a positive result. I'm trying to not think about it.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whatever the result of your scan, know that we are behind you all the way! You are an amazingly strong woman Riaane. You can do ANYTHING! Anything you need, know that we will do whatever we can for you!
Lots of love and kisses,
Eloise xoxoxoxox

Anonymous said...

Sorry!!! Leah xx

Anonymous said...

I agree with Eloise, Riaane. You continue to amaze us all and you have such powerful positive thoughts and love coming your way from all at MCPS. XXX Meredith

Anonymous said...

One day at a time Sweetheart. Let others lift, carry, do, fill in, fix, sort out. Delegate where ever you can. Crossing all fingers for a good result hey. Sending love & strength continuously. LRxxx

Lee said...

Sorry I made you do 10 laps of the MCG yesterday looking for a seat. Doubt that would have helped the tiredness factor... haha!