This is a strange story for me to write. It will at times be a sad story, in many ways it will be happy and perhaps even funny. It will be an adventure that entails anxiety, flirting with danger, fortitude in the face of adversity and many attempts to look on the bright side. There will also no doubt be moments of anguish and despair, and a lot of uncertainty. It's a story that will hopefully be cathartic for me, but also interesting and perhaps informative or even entertaining for others.

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Why worry?

Do not anticipate trouble or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.
~Benjamin Franklin

I really like this quote. It's very applicable to my situation. I have no idea what caused my lymphoma and therefore there is nothing I can do to avoid its return. So why worry about it?

Perhaps easier said than done though...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Definitely easier said than done but well worth it. You're doing an awesome job. xox
Abby.

Damo said...

I have a solution, just keep your head held high like you always have, and focus on everything else in your life. You are amazing anyway, and the best sister ever. xo
Damo

Anonymous said...

Hi! I was diagnosed at age 4 and just ended treatment after 13 years of chemo therapy. I know it's hard and I worry every single day that it might be back. But, we are stronger now then ever. This is an amazing blog! Thank you!

Maddy