This is a strange story for me to write. It will at times be a sad story, in many ways it will be happy and perhaps even funny. It will be an adventure that entails anxiety, flirting with danger, fortitude in the face of adversity and many attempts to look on the bright side. There will also no doubt be moments of anguish and despair, and a lot of uncertainty. It's a story that will hopefully be cathartic for me, but also interesting and perhaps informative or even entertaining for others.

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Welcome

Hello and welcome to my blog!

I have decided to record my cancer journey for a variety of reasons. The first is that I like writing and getting my emotions, experiences, frustrations and hopefully triumphs down on paper (or in this case laptop) will be therapeutic for me.

Also, in my experience thus far I have found it very beneficial to read others’ experiences. It helps to read that other people are going through the same emotions and are suffering from the same side effects. It helps me to feel more ‘normal’. I would like this blog to be a place where others can gather information and find comfort and support.

I also hope this can be a place for my wonderful family and friends to keep up to date with how I’m getting along.

Feel free to leave a comment on any of my postings. I’d love to hear from you!

6 comments:

Lee Comport said...

I knew there was a reason i copied you in English. You are a sensational writer!

Thanks for sharing all of this with us. Honestly, you are amazing :)

Anne Matheson said...

This is a great idea Riaane and wonderful for all of your mates that care so much about you. Thank you for allowing us to share your difficult journey with you. I agree with Lee ..you have a gift with writing. Talk to you soon in person. x x

Carrie said...

I just found your blog and I am reading it from the beginning. I just started a blog about my family's journey with the same cancer type you had. I look forward to reading ans your blog would love an update on how you are doing.

Carrie said...

This is wonderful I cannot wait to read your blog. I'm starting at beginning. Mom has non-hodgkins lymphoma. I appreciate you sharing your experience for those of us who are going through something similar. I'd love to hear how you are doing now.

Unknown said...

I recently being diagnosed for dlbcl. Reading ur blog found it beneficial and it's inspired me too

Unknown said...

I recently being diagnosed for dlbcl. Reading ur blog found it beneficial and it's inspired me too