This is a strange story for me to write. It will at times be a sad story, in many ways it will be happy and perhaps even funny. It will be an adventure that entails anxiety, flirting with danger, fortitude in the face of adversity and many attempts to look on the bright side. There will also no doubt be moments of anguish and despair, and a lot of uncertainty. It's a story that will hopefully be cathartic for me, but also interesting and perhaps informative or even entertaining for others.

Monday, September 20, 2010

Light the Night

On Wednesday night I participated in Light the Night with a group of my wonderful friends and family. To attend this night and carry a white balloon was amazing. To have so many people come with me to show their support was even more incredible.

Blood cancer is the second largest cause of cancer death in Australia, and Lymphoma is the most common blood cancer, yet prevention is not possible, as the cause is unknown.

This event is an inspiring way to raise awareness of blood cancers, but also to raise funds for care and hopefully for cure.

It was amazing to walk amongst the sea of balloons and I’m so glad I went. I’ll definitely be there again next year.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was so beautiful Riaane. Really special to be there. I was very moving when you raised your balloon. xx